Wednesday 3 April 2013

Counterpoint: Arguing Against the Black Hole Idol


“Black hole” idols represent a special category of Korean celebrities we are used to by now: idols that lack the main requirements for their position. Gaya was kind enough this week to take them under her protective wing and offer them a defense and a label. But just to play good cop-bad cop, I think it’s only fair to highlight the arguments people have against them.

Just for starters, I don’t watch variety and I’m not a big fan of social networking (nothing against them, I just don’t like it). I locate here the main area where the gap forms between me and a more forgiving fan: I am not as involved with idols as persons as the average K-pop fan, so I can’t stan with the same vigor. By not appealing to me either musically or personally, it’s only normal that I can’t place them anywhere near my good feelings. From this moment on, a case against could be easily built:
(...)
Read the rest of Counterpoint: Arguing Against the Black Hole Idol (1,009 words)


© Maria for seoulbeats, 2012. | Permalink | 30 comments | Add to del.icio.us
Post tags: 4Minute, miss A, TaeTiSeo, Wonder Girls

The post Counterpoint: Arguing Against the Black Hole Idol appeared first on seoulbeats.



No comments:

Post a Comment